Become an instructor with FKD!
Once you are certified as a Divemaster, you have two options. You can work as a Divemaster (dive guide) by supervising divers who are already certified.
If you want to continue your professional development and share the exciting world in which you evolve, then the instructorate IS FOR YOU!
Certification and courses:
155 000 PHP (DCS included)
- Have an approved RSTC medical certificate
- To be Nitrox Speciality certified
- Be a certified Divemaster or Assistant Instructor
- 100 dives minimum
- Possess the equipment of a professional diver
1 - I.T.C. (Instructor Training Course)
During this course, we look at everything that was learned during the dive guide, science of diving and dive control specialist. In addition, we learn new skills to teachOpen Water,Advanced Adventurer, Nitrox and Rescue.
We will work a lot on pedagogy and teaching but we will also cover topics related to marketing and communication that will allow you to open your own dive center if you wish later on. But also to be able to work as a good diving instructor and to be able to find a job easily, which requires a good understanding of the diving industry and business.
The instructor training lasts one week, if you are already a Dive Control Specialist (Assistant Instructor), 12 days if you are only a Divemaster.
Upon completion of the ITC Instructor Training Course, you will be required to take a 2-day exam with a Certified Instructor chosen by SSI.
Once you pass the exam, you will be an official Open Water Instructor and you will be able to teach :
- Try Scuba Diving , 12m max.
- Open Water
- Advanced Adventurer
- Stress & Rescue
- Nitrox Specialty
- Perfect Buoyancy Specialty
- Dive Guide Specialty
If you come from another agency such as PADI or CMAS, you will have to pay an extra fee for your first pro membership with SSI.
2 - Instructor Evaluation (IE)
- Final theoretical exam of 100 questions(Science of Diving, standards, SSI system)
Second day of teaching
- Evaluation of the academic teaching ofOpen Water
- Academic presentation of the I.S.S. system
- Evaluation of the Open Water course skills demonstrations in a sheltered environment
- Control of the teaching of 2 skills in protected environment of the open water course
- Then evaluation of the teaching of first dives and refresh dives in a protected environment
- And finally, a test of the skills in a protected environment of the Stress & Rescue course
- Evaluation of Academic Stress & Rescue Education
In a protected environment: evaluation of the teaching and evaluation of 2 skills of the course Open Water in a natural environment
- Competency check of the Stress & Lifeguarding in the Natural Environment course
- O2 Administration Skills Assessment