Become a Divemaster with FKD!
Do you want to change your profession? You wish to travel all over the world? If diving is your passion and you dream of making it your profession, come and take your Divemaster exam!
The Divemaster is the first professional certification allowing you to make diving your profession. It will allow you to lead people who are already certified in diving, you will be the dive guide.
Certification and courses:
70 000 PHP
- Have an approved RSTC medical certificate
- Certified Master Diver or equivalent (React Right, Rescue, and 40m Deep Specialty are mandatory)
- 40 dives minimum
- Own or purchase professional diving equipment
- Have a few months to spare (2 months minimum)
1 - Theoretical part
The Theory course is divided into 2 parts. First, the Dive Guide, which covers the role of the dive professional, terminology, history and philosophy of SSI. We will discuss dive planning, group outings and any other activity related to diving. In addition to the practical training for leadership, boat, club and safety actions, we will work on briefings and client handling.
The theoretical training of the dive guide is generally done in 2 sessions of 2 hours and several small workshops. It will end with a 50 question MCQ exam.
The second part consists of studying the Science of Diving divided into 5 areas:
- Decompression theory
These parts will be studied with your instructor. They each include 2 hours of class time.
At the end of the course you will have a 100 question MCQ exam.
2 - Practical part
To be a Divemaster you must of course have professional skills as a diver.
You will need to achieve:
PHYSICAL TESTS: SWIMMING and DIVING
- 700 meters with fins, mask and snorkel in less than 20 minutes or 300 meters in free swimming
- Horizontal snorkeling for 25 meters with fins, mask and snorkel
- Floating on the surface of the water for 15 minutes without assistance
- Pull an unconscious diver for 100 meters in less than 8 minutes (divers will always be equipped)
- Stress and Rescue exercise of an unconscious diver underwater and at the surface by unequipping him.
- Stress test on an equipment exchange with a partner
- Skill-circuits (learn to demonstrate all the exercises of theOpen Water)
- Know how to orient yourself with and without equipment once immersed in the water (computer, compass...)
- Presentation of the F.F.E.S.S.M (French Federation of Underwater Studies and Sports)
- SMB, learn to deploy a signal parachute
- Evacuation plan, know how to establish an emergency evacuation plan for a site in particular
- Briefing, learn how to give a specific briefing for maintenance diving
- Mapping, learn how to map an underwater site
3 - Assistantship part
Assisting the instructors and divemasters of our team will certainly be the most important and interesting part of your training. During your 2 month internship, you will assist our instructors during all the courses they can teach: TSD, Open Water, Advanced Adventurer, React Right, but also all the specialty courses you are already certified for. During these assistantships you will have the opportunity to refresh your skills, but also to take them to the next level.
Become a consultant
You will also learn how to deal with other divers' problems, how to advise them and how to make sure that they progress and understand your explanations. It will also be the perfect opportunity to see if you are suited to teach diving.
You will also assist our team of divemasters. You will be able to improve your navigation, the quality of your briefings and your group control in general, until you are competent enough to accompany your first certified divers, alone, like a Professional Divemaster.
4 - Sales and consulting part
Like any other person in the diving center, the Divemaster must be able to inform the customers about the different courses and also to sell them. He/she must actively participate in the life of the club and therefore welcome, make them feel comfortable, inform and fill in the registration forms of new customers.